What's the difference between a 12" pizza and an artist?
... The pizza can feed a family.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

And they lived happily ever after.



The other day Topher and I were talking about families. I was explaining to him that when he has children I will be their grandma. This is the conversation that followed:

Topher: but who will be their mommy?

Me: Your wife. The girl you’ll marry. (Assuming he’s into girls.)

Topher: But I want to marry you. I want you to be my wife. (Is it wrong that I’m flattered by this?)

Me: I can’t be your wife. I’m your mommy. And besides, I’m already married to daddy.

Topher: You can be married to both of us. You can be both our wifes.

Me: Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

Topher: But I want to live with you forever. (He knows...Families can be together forever. That is what they're saying in primary after all. Indoctrination starts young).

By this time he was actually starting to sound distraught so to appease him I said:

Me: It’s ok, we can all live together; me and daddy and you and your wife and kids.

Topher: Yeah!! And we can live in a poor house!

Me: A poor house?

Topher: Yeah, a poor house. You know, in the forest. They have funny roofs made of hay and big doors and windows.

Me: Like a cottage?

Topher: Yeah.

Ok guys, all together now, "Awhhhhhh..."

5 comments:

Melissa said...

He is so cute! I love it. I am trying to talk Savannah out of getting married, she is so obsessed with it. I keep telling her even if she gets married she should live with me and never leave. That is the point Ivan usually breaks in with, "Don't tell her that!" I think it's cute he wants to live with you guys forever, and in a poor house. That is awesome!

Robin said...

Ah, the Oedipal Complex in its beginning stages...how sweet!

Anonymous said...

This message is for Topher's eyes only...Tophster..you are not alone. I always thought my cousin Gregory Francis was hot! Even though he had flaming red hair and laughed like a girl. You love who you want to love:) (unless they are Canadian...or vegetarian..or Scorpios..or not Harry Potter fan..those people are unlovable)

Anonymous said...

In not to long his noise will turn up when you and your husband kiss or hold hands. Enjoy it and do take it as a complement. This means he things your great and couldn’t imagine his life without you being the main focus of it. (Joy)

Emmy said...

Cute! My 4-year-old always says that when he grows up he will go to work with Daddy and have a toy tractor in his office (just like daddy) and then they will come home and see me and Alex. :)
Love you blog!